The University Policy Office at The University of Texas at Austin needed a new website as part of its effort to consolidate and modernize several partially overlapping repositories of active and obsolete policy documents into the new Handbook of Operating Procedures. The new site needed to also capture the history of authoring, drafting, routing/revisions, and publication for these policy documents as well as the “kick-off” document for each policy or policy revision, called a Policy Impact Statement (which essentially proposes a policy need and expected outcome, to begin the policy drafting process).
I assisted our Product Owner by diving into the needs of the policy office and helped communicate feedback to developers and perform functional testing of their components. I also designed the Policy Dashboard, Workflow Checklist (an interactive routing sheet), and made several UX enhancements to our system and Drupal’s admin interface.
- Completed as Assistant Product Owner (with David Diers) and UX Designer for Four Kitchens.
- Development Platform: Drupal 7
- Notable Modules: Workbench, Book, simpleSAMLphp Authentication, extensive custom development
- Graphic Design by Four Kitchens
- Visit UPO. (Please note that the entire policy dashboard section is closed to public users.)