Tulsa International Airport
The Tulsa International Airport approached Walsh for a total rebranding effort including a new website that must be mobile-friendly. Their existing site was developed within a capable but proprietary CMS that made heavy usage of Adobe Flash and the "mobile site" was a distinct site with a separate content base that required double-entry. Along with a custom responsive theme, I developed plugins:
- To download, parse, and display flight information with jQuery-powered client-side filtering and searching;
- To collect map "layers" as a Custom Post Type which can be displayed on their own pages with the associated base layer or as part of an AJAX-powered Map Display which features layer groups;
- To add custom widgets for a better recent posts display, a text/image widget (powered by Jonathan Christopher's Widget Image Field), and the flight information as a widget; and finally
- To add an admin "Site Resources" tab with samples and templates for asset images, optimal image dimensions, and notes/reminders for ongoing maintenance.
- Completed as Project Lead Developer for Walsh:Barnes Interactive
- Development Platform: WordPress 3.4
- Custom Theme (Responsive) and Plugins/Widgets (for Map Display, Flight Information Display, and Custom Widgets)
- Graphic Design by Walsh Branding
- Visit Tulsa Airports.